Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2004

If the Boot Fits

Pode, I'm pretty open to ideas at the moment. There are two reasons I'd like to stay here with ChevronTexaco for about 2.5 more years -- both my kids will then be out of high school and off to college, and I will qualify for lifetime health insurance coverage from the company. But, if I don't get a job in the next couple weeks, all bets are off. I'd need to figure out where I could make a living.

As for an idyllic spot, Northern California isn't bad, but lately I've been thinking about the west coast of Florida -- maybe somewhere around Tampa. It's far from skiing, but that's what planes are for. The weather's good, and it's cheaper than the prime parts of California. San Diego would be another possibility. In general, it's hard for me to imagine any place being idyllic that isn't warm enough to wear shorts and T-shirts most of the year.

So, in addition to solving the world's problems, how would the company actually make money? How about if we try to decide on the place to locate, then look around the area for businesses to buy? With the talent in this group, it's hard for me to believe that we couldn't add more value than the management teams of most small to medium sized companies.

No comments: