Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

Celepanic...

... or is that panibrate?

My company won two very important contracts in the last five days that more or less double the company's revenue for the coming year and lay the foundation for large future growth. We had been working on getting these contracts for several years.

So celebration is in order!

But I'm having a little trouble celebrating because I'm also very close to full scale panic. Where on earth am I going to be able to hire all the high quality people I need starting tomorrow? Unemployment ticked up and some people say we're in a recession, but I can tell you the number of available highly skilled roboticists in the San Diego area is very, very small.

In addition to the recruiting nightmare, I have oodles of system engineering to do for these new projects while keeping the current projects going as well.

This almost certainly signals a significant blogging break. Hopefully my co-blogger will pick of the slack...

6 comments:

Harry Eagar said...

Good for you, but the market will provide. Won't it?

erp said...

Will we say, we knew you when? I hope you will post on your progress when you can. Best of luck with everything.

Bret said...

harry,

Yes, the market will provide. The panic is due to the question of timing. In other words, when will I find the people I need.

erp,

Assuming success, I'll be sure to be back blogging here.

joe shropshire said...

Good for you, period.

Howard said...

...celebration is in order!

So I had a cigar and cognac in your honor.

Ali said...

Congrats Bret. You could give LinkedIn a shot if you need to find people fast.