Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Happy Hanukkah!

I would've missed the first night (not being religious), but the younger daughter remembered and wanted to light candles (my daughters are borderline pyros, so any excuse to burn something is remembered with, well, "religious" fervor).  We muffed the prayers (good thing there's 8 chances, maybe we'll get them right tonight?) but did manage to get the candle lit (and the candle to light the candle lit) and then, most importantly, had a family Happy Hanukkah Hug.

For more serious reading about this holiday, I found A Dangerous Holiday interesting.

3 comments:

Peter said...

L'chaim.

erp said...

Thanks and Season's Greetings to you and your family as well.

Funny story: When we moved to Vermont, both our older kids were in college and the younger one was a big man on campus in high school, so I decided not to bother with Christmas stockings (it's a chore trying to figure out stuff that will fit into them).

They were all outraged!

Kids are funny animals.

Peter said...

erp, we're going through the same nonsense with three adult children. I tried to put my foot down, but my wife wouldn't hear of it. I fumed a bit, but then I remembered when I was forty years old, my mother changed the vegetable at Christmas dinner from time-honoured peas to beans. It was as hard for me as the day they told me there is no Santa.